Wednesday 14 November 2012

Announcing January in Japan


Welcome one and all to an exciting announcement - January will see me host my first ever event, January in Japan :)

Regular followers of my blog (Tony's Reading List) will know that I'm a huge fan of J-Lit, and I thought it would be a nice idea to have a month devoted to Japanese literature to kick off the new year.  It also coincides with the final month of Bellezza's Japanese Literature Challenge 6, giving you all an extra incentive to dust off those Japanese classics and crime novels!

Rather than host the month from the comfort of my own blog, I have decided to create a separate one, just for this event, so please follow it - it'll be worth it :)  I'm planning to publish regular posts (starting next week!), with features on selected Japanese writers, summaries of reviews submitted by participants and (if I get lucky) perhaps even a giveaway or two.  It's still in the planning stage, but I'm hopeful that I can get it all up and running in time ;)

What do you have to do to take part?  As much (or as little) as you like!
  • Leave a comment below, and I'll add you to the list of participants (on the right)
  • Starting in January, add your reviews to the Mister Linky page (tab at the top)
  • If anyone would be interested in doing a guest author review (500-600 words including a short bio, why you like the writer's work and three books to try), either let me know in the comments, or send me an e-mail (tonysreadinglist at y7mail dot com).  I have already written one on Natsume Soseki, but there are a lot of other writers out there to talk about.
  • If you want to, you can also let other people know about the event :)
That's all for now; hopefully, I've whetted your appetite, and you'll be coming back for more.  Remember - whether you think Murakami is a marvel, adore Akutagawa or go bananas for Yoshimoto, January in Japan is for everyone who loves J-Lit.  See you then :)