Monday 24 December 2012

The Winner Is... & Readalong Details

Hello one and all!  Before the Christmas festivities get under way, I just thought I'd round up a few bits and pieces about January in Japan (which is only a week or so away!).

*****
Firstly, I'd like to give you details of a readalong for anyone who is interested.  Hiromi Kawakami's The Briefcase is the only Japanese title on the longlist of this year's Man Asian Literary Prize, and after consulting the eminent bloggers on the Shadow Panel, I thought it would be nice to use it for a group read :)  There won't be any questions or anything like that - there'll just be a few reviews on the 31st of January to wrap up the month.

If you'd like to join us, it's very simple.  You can leave a comment below, or simply post your review on the day and leave your link on the Book Reviews tab at the top of the screen.  Hope you can join us!

*****
Secondly, I'm still looking for anyone wanting to contribute to my J-Lit Giants series.  If you have a favourite Japanese writer, and you'd like to submit a brief bio and a few recommendations, I'd be happy to add your offering to the list.  Please help: otherwise I'll have to write them all myself :(

*****
Thirdly (and perhaps most importantly), it's time to announce the winner of my giveaway.  Thanks to all who entered, but the winner of The Oxford Book of Japanese Short Stories is JoV of JoV's Book Pyramid!  Congratulations Jo - the book will be on its way to you very soon :)

*****
Finally, have a great holidays, and remember to check out all the January in Japan action next year.  How?  Well, you can:
  • Follow this blog so you don't miss any news or reviews
  • Post your reviews on the Book Reviews page
  • Use (and follow) the #januaryinjapan hashtag on Twitter
All good?  Let's make the first month of the new year a great one :)